Monday, May 5, 2008

Tom Hanks Endorses Barak Obama?

I suppose it's true - I just saw the short on Youtube. Yes, I know it's trendy when a Hollywood type makes a political endorsement but I'm not too sure about the credibility here. The reasons Tom Hanks gave for the endorsement were as empty and nebulous as Obama's speeches.

That's the problem I have with Obama. Granted, he's a suburb orator, but there's nothing of substance in his speeches. Even when he outlines a policy he hopes to implement, it's usually a vortex of bloated social programs.

The problem is, how will he pay for it? Oh that's right, tax rich folks and corporations. Well, the problem there is that rich folks already pay almost all the taxes in this country. And guess what? They are the ones that create jobs for the rest of us. I've never been hired by a poor man.

And corporations? We already have the second highest corporate tax structure in the world. That's why jobs are being outsourced overseas. Want to see more of that? Put Obama in the White House.

Hanks says he wants to elect Obama because "he has vision". Then, because of that, he equates him to F.D.R. and Ronald Reagan. Hey Tom, put down the Kool-Aid! I have a vision too, but I don't have executive experience. And neither does Obama.

Another reason for Hank's endorsement is because the country needs a "seismic shift". I'm all about seismic shifts, but:
  1. Not just for the sake of having one, and
  2. I don't want to put my money on the shifter before he explains, in detail, what he's going to shift, and how.
Again, Tom, put down the Kool-Aid and ask some questions.

No comments: